.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} web hit counter

Christ Port

Monday, February 21, 2011

Neither sweet dream or nightmare, only God’s grace comes true

Once when I was a kid, I sat beside my little sister’s bed waiting for the moment of her slightly open eyes start rolling during her afternoon nap. (Adults told me that dreams caused eyes rolling when a person was sleeping.) At the moment when she was rolling her eyes, by catching and sliding into her dream window, I quickly tore out a little piece of my farvourite and precious sweet pork jerky, and then gently placing it into her halfway-open mouth. I would like her to have a good dream of eating sweet pork jerky, and the sweet dream of hers would become a dream comes true reality upon her awakening.

I was a naive kid but not totally oblivious. I was a little bit worried that she might choke onto the piece of jerky during her sleep, so I kind of kept an eye during the process to make sure the choking part would not happen. The piece of jerky somehow dropped deeper and deeper into her tongue along with the rhythm of her breathe; I can felt the rhythm of my heart beats getting faster, as I was getting worry that the piece of gradually sinking jerky would end up choking her.

In the middle, I regret on introducing the sweet pork jerky into her halfway-open mouth; however, it was kind of late as the piece of pork jerky was sinking deeper and deeper into her mouth and no longer within my sight. I didn’t want to wake her up because such alarm certainly would be my nightmare of choking her. Shortly after, with the grace of God, she “gently” woke up from her afternoon nap. What a relief noticing her awakening without being choked by the piece of jerky that was put into her mouth. I kept quiet about the incident for some time or days, as I was trying to recover from my little nightmare which I was thankfully that it did not come true.

I asked her quite some time, perhaps days, later on if she found there was a piece of sweet pork jerky in her mouth when she woke up during one of her afternoon naps. She told me that she found a piece of tasteless meat left in her mouth thinking that she didn’t brush her teeth throughout before nap time; I was a little disappointed to find out the sweet pork jerky became a saliva washed down tasteless piece of junk in her mouth; on the other hand, I was thankful that she was not choked by this piece of tasteless junk which once meant to be a piece of precious sweet sharing.

Although my plan of “a sweet dream comes true” did not work out accordingly to my design, God saving her from not choking to death was the most caring and thankful piece of all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home