.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} web hit counter

Christ Port

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Solomon's Wisdom & Delegation

Solomon was wise but he delegated his tasks - by recognizing and using skillful people.

… 1 Kings 3-7

Solomon was a wise man:

1 Kings 4:32-34
He spoke three thousand proverbs and his songs numbered a thousand and five. He described plant life, from the cedar of Lebanon to the hyssop that grows out of walls. He also taught about animals and birds, reptiles and fish. Men of all nations came to listen to Solomon's wisdom, sent by all the kings of the world, who had heard of his wisdom.

Solomon delegated his tasks:

(1) Temple Building - asking help from Hiram king of Tyre

1 Kings 5:6
"So give orders that cedars of Lebanon be cut for me. My men will work with yours, and I will pay you for your men whatever wages you set. You know that we have no one so skilled in felling timber as the Sidonians."

1 Kings 5:8-9
"I have received the message you sent me and will do all you want in providing the cedar and pine logs. My men will haul them down from Lebanon to the sea, and I will float them in rafts by sea to the place you specify. There I will separate them and you can take them away. And you are to grant my wish by providing food for my royal household."

(2) Furnishing the Temple - asking help from a bronze craftsman, Huram

1 Kings 7:13-14
King Solomon sent to Tyre and brought Huram, whose mother was a widow from the tribe of Naphtali and whose father was a man of Tyre and a craftsman in bronze. Huram was highly skilled and experienced in all kinds of bronze work. He came to King Solomon and did all the work assigned to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home