.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} web hit counter

Christ Port

Monday, June 06, 2005

Being God’s Workmanship

Being God’s Workmanship

Just to be God’s workmanship, like a servant, not to question too much on master intention…

When I was in my early 20’s, my church pastor’s wife used to ask me pick up a kid (he was about 7 or 8 years old) every Sunday morning so he can attend Sunday school. It is not too convenient, as it is not “on-the-way”; I have to specifically drive down to China Town to pick him up. Sometime I feel reluctant, and want to cease the service. Sometimes, he didn’t come down from his apartment even after quite a few horns and a period of waiting. I found him a bit troublesome. Somehow, I didn’t cease my service until I went back to HK for a period of stay & my family moved to another church for some other reason. After about 7 years, I got married and moved back to the same church. The boy was still attending the same church. Now, another 7 years passed, he became a deacon of the church.

Never question when God assign me a job, like Nike: “Don’t ask why, just do it!” We are working for Him, not for ourselves. His plan is much higher than mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home