.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} web hit counter

Christ Port

Friday, April 29, 2005

Chinese Translation of “The Purpose Driven Life” by Rev. Rick Warren

Chinese Translation of “The Purpose Driven Life” by Rev. Rick Warren

After finish reading English version of “The Purpose Driven Life” early this year, now I was just eyeballing over a few pages of the Chinese version of it. I seldom found any translated material with such high quality.I don’t usually read a book twice of two different languages (except of the Holy Bible); however, this is an exception.I felt the translator not only translated the syntax, she also translated the culture.North American culture is more direct and rational, less fuzzy logic. Chinese culture involves much fuzzy logic.I prefer N.A. culture at work and tech reading, but Chinese + semi N.A. culture on sociology reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home