.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} web hit counter

Christ Port

Monday, August 21, 2006

The "Cookies and Ice-cream" Dialogue

A child prompted, a tone of curious ended up with a slight touch of whining, his parents: "Why can't ice-cream be like cookies that it won't melt? I want my ice-cream to be like my cookies so it won't melt."

I think we can freely question God about things around us and express our feelings to him, and I believe God enjoy a dialogue with us. Questions do not necessary imply doubts. The child is still a child of his parents, and the parents are still parents of the child; doesn't matter how many questions he asked - which is an absolute fact. The question has nothing to do with a child doubting his parents, but of a not-knowing-all child seeking for truth while expressing his feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home