.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} web hit counter

Christ Port

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Blessings in God’s eye and in Men’s eye

In a loud voice she exclaimed: "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!" - Luke 1:42-45

The word “BLESSED” jumped out to me when I was reading Luke 1:1-56 this time. I ponder. The definition of “BLESSED” in God’s eye and in men’s eye is of extreme difference. Mary bore Jesus, and Elizabeth bore John. Jesus’ and John’s lives were harsh and busy, with close relationship with Heavenly Father, while living on earth, then both died at an early age in from of executions; excuse me “blessed”?! Sometimes men defined blessing related to possessions? God’s blessing not only of pure concern of earthly lives but the most important is eternity - the burning of our lives for the preparation of eternal lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home