.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} web hit counter

Christ Port

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Stumbling block to whom?

Christians should not be stumbling blocks to other Christians; on the other hand, Christians are also responsible not becoming stumbling blocks to “Jesus-blind” but spiritual awaking individuals.

“Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak.” (1 Corinthians 8:9). Here, the weak refer to some Christians because it was talking about “Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall.” (1 Corinthians 8:13)

"Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God. I am the LORD” (Leviticus 19:14). The deaf and blind may symbolize people who not-yet open to Gospel, or Christians of various experience and relationship with God.

I have respect to many strong Christians who are willing to be blessed by God and to give abundantly. Also, from my walk of life, I have encountered Christians who are unwilling to be waked up spiritually, and non-Christians who are very spiritually awakening. The former type kept on consuming church’s resources irresponsibly like a black hole (purely input without output), only production is frustration to other Christians around them, sometimes even blocking the spread of Gospel. The latter type won’t even occupy any space at church but some Christians (at least me) would love to be friends with them. I found the spiritually awakening non-Christians usually believe there’s one God, and well alarm of earthly problems. However, I have a feeling that “Christianity legacy/culture” is their stumbling block between them and Christ. I guess not until they can distinguish “Christianity legacy/culture” and purely “Christ” Himself as described in the Bible, there’ll begin to recognize Christ as their personal saviour and leader in lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home