.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} web hit counter

Christ Port

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Doggy getting off elevator

I live in an apartment with an elevator. One time a dog entered the elevator with its master from the ground floor. The master pressed the “12th floor” button and asked the doggy to sit, and it set and waited while the elevator going up. Someone may have called the elevator at a floor in between ground floor and the “12th floor”, so the elevator opened its door on the 4th floor. The dog stood up and tried to rush out on the 4th floor when the elevator door opened. Of course, the master pulled the doggy back as it was not the floor of his destination. After the elevator door closed, the master again commanded the dog to sit; however, the dog was agitated and refused listening to his master command this time, unlike the first time.

Then I ponder… the dog might have bared a grudge: “Master, I have listened and performed well in the first place, but when the elevator door opened and you didn’t allow me to get out. What’s the purpose of taking your command? I thought if I listen and perform accordingly, then I would be rewarded by rushing out the elevator ‘whenever’ its door opened.” However, its master knew his destination but not the doggy. No one will welcome them if they got off on the 6th floor, and it would be totally meaningless to ride on the elevator. Are we sometime acting like the doggy in the elevator? I sometimes felt like so, then hopefully I would be wise and turn to the Lord.

0 Comments:



<< Home